ACADEMY - Gray plaid cotton shirtdress with removable white collar and short sleeves
Pockets, collars and plaid...This is what we like to refer to the trifecta of all things we love! The ACADEMY dress is a classic little shirtdress with short sleeves featuring a functioning button down front bodice with a very full pleated skirt. Designed for wearing ease and comfort, the ACADEMY is patterned for a relaxed fit waistline and a back bodice pleat to allow increased mobility across the the back and shoulders. And the best part? The collar is detachable, wear this dress 2 ways!
+ D E T A I L S
- a playful 1950s inspired house dress for modern everyday
- lightweight breathable cotton with a touch of spandex for stretch and comfort
- convertible: wear with white poplin contrast collar or without
- full pleated skirt with hidden side pockets
- a dress for all occasions : wear to work, bridesmaids, weddings, events and parties
- independently designed and locally made in Los Angeles
Shopping for another color? ACADEMY is available also in Black Plaid and Gray Plaid
+ M E A S U R E M E N T S
- Easy relaxed fit. In between sizes? Please size down.
- Overall length : 34.5" | measurement taken from size XS, each size up will add an approximate 1/2" in length
- Unlined. Full coverage fabric
- Hidden side pockets
- Working front buttons. Hidden front skirt zipper.
- Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry
+ F I N E P R I N T
- Apricity dresses are sewn in small batches and each dress may have slight variances in construction method and overall finish.
- Overall length may vary within 1" of measured length.
My new favorite dress from Apricity! I love how versatile this one is, especially with the removable collar. It's such a great piece that I can't wait to accessorize since it can be styled so many different ways. I've collected a lot of dresses from Apricity over the years, but I think I'm going to get the most use out of this one! Fits true to size and is the perfect length.
This dress is absolutely darling on. Wonderful craftsmanship. I can’t wait to wear it again! xx
I expected this dress to fit a bit more like the Sunday dresses but I was pleasantly surprised this fit more like the January!!! The fit is nice and loose but still looks structured thanks to the buttons and the color. and the front hidden zip is genius! I wore this with a thin light brown belt with my brown boots and I felt unstoppable for the holiday season. Can't wait to wear this all the time. I did have to sew a button back on so just be careful and test out the garment before wearing it out on the town!
The photos online really doesn't do the pattern justice. I now own both options
More options please
Build quality could be a little better but overall this dress looks amazing and I love wearing it !